Recipes Tagged ‘bell pepper’
¾ pound Naked Nuggets
¾ pound Andouille sausage (or your favorite smoked sausage) sliced ½ inch thick
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
4 cloves garlic chopped
¼ cup butter
2 cups long grain rice
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 cup Crushed Tomato
3 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
5 cups chicken stock
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) On the stove top heat a heavy metal casserole with butter
3) Stir in onion, garlic, celery, and green bell pepper. Sautee until tender.
4) Add sliced sausage.
5) Stir in tomato paste and cook for one minute.
6) Stir in Cajun seasoning, crushed tomato and rice. (Coat rice well)
7) Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
8) Place lid over the pot and place in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Add Naked Nuggets to the rice.
9) Place back in oven for 5 more minutes.
2 kabob skewers
1 small onion (cut into 1 inch pieces)
1 small red bell pepper (cut into 1 inch squares)
1 small zucchini (cut into ½ inch rounds)
¼ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
6 Naked Nuggets
Salt and pepper
1) Alternate on skewers the onion, red bell pepper, zucchini and Naked Nuggets.
2) Brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on medium grill or in oven at 450 degrees for approximately 5 minutes.
3) Take kabobs out of the oven and brush with BBQ sauce.
5) Cook for another 5 minutes.
6) Serve with extra BBQ sauce on the side.