Recipes Tagged ‘sausage’
¾ pound Naked Nuggets
¾ pound Andouille sausage (or your favorite smoked sausage) sliced ½ inch thick
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
4 cloves garlic chopped
¼ cup butter
2 cups long grain rice
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 cup Crushed Tomato
3 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
5 cups chicken stock
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) On the stove top heat a heavy metal casserole with butter
3) Stir in onion, garlic, celery, and green bell pepper. Sautee until tender.
4) Add sliced sausage.
5) Stir in tomato paste and cook for one minute.
6) Stir in Cajun seasoning, crushed tomato and rice. (Coat rice well)
7) Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
8) Place lid over the pot and place in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Add Naked Nuggets to the rice.
9) Place back in oven for 5 more minutes.